Fairy Tail – The Epic (An informal letter to Mr. Hiro Mashima


“The only time a goodbye is painful is when you know that you’ll never say hello again”

                It has been a few years since I started to watch Fairy Tail the anime series. I wasn’t a typical follower from the start, rather I started to watch this anime after a year of release. However after a few episodes I had become a great fan and a time came when I eagerly waited for Saturday for a new episode to come out. In the mean time I had started reading the manga, the origin of the fairy tail story line.

 July, 2017, today I read the last chapter of the fairy Tail manga. Mr. Hiro Mashima has officially stated this to be the end of the manga series. And guess what … this is the happiest ending after the saddest and darkest long story line. But at somewhere deep inside my heart I feel like if there were few more chapters, I would be much happier.
For me, and perhaps for us, at some point fairy tail wasn’t just a fiction but a real thing. Most of us imagined ourselves to be the protagonists of the series. At the funniest moments we laughed and on saddest days we even cried, but it was there with us. At some point I do believe that this one in particular, was something beyond an anime or manga. This was the truth of life. We all struggle in our life with dream to have a better life with our friends and family, and indeed life is the biggest adventure. Perhaps that’s the reason why we have a deep feeling for this anime.
But, for us... Fairy Tail was an encouragement, a urge to struggle to achieve our goals, a feeling towards our friends, and an eternal adventure.


comrades is not just  a word. It refers to heart. Please feel free to lean on me today, I might as well depend on you someday”- the foundation speech of fairy tail is one of my favorite ones. And the whole series is just full of such beautiful lines.  The meaning of trust, the feeling of joy, the pain of sorrow, and the happiness of love… this manga has really given us something very unique, a new way to live.  It told us that moving on doesn’t mean that you forget things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.
All I want to say to Mr. Hiro Mashima, is,  thanks for giving us fairy tail. The story is really a complete one, an “epic” to be more specific. Thanks for Natsu, thanks for giving us Lucy, Erza, Wendy, Gray, Mevis and all others. My childhood is just about to end after a couple of years, In fact I am currently studying in a college. But to be honest with myself this is the greatest story that I have ever read. And All I want to say to you is thank you very much, to give my child hood this most beautiful gift. If you ever read this, All I want to say, is that it came to me as a story but will be with me as a LEGEND.
After all, we don’t die for our friends, we live with them. And all the characters of fairy tail will live as our friends forever.👆





Comments

  1. Please help to reach this post to Mr. Hiro mashima

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women in India

Hard work VS Smart Work

The Profession of Begging